[NEWS] James Cameron Wants to Make a New Terminator Trilogy
Your Name
2017-07-26 01:46:28 UTC
Maybe the moron should concentrate on one project at a time, then maybe
he'd actually do something, possibly even finish it ...

James Cameron Wants to Make a New Terminator Trilogy
Director James Cameron (Avatar, Titanic) is looking at
creating a new Terminator trilogy, according to an
interview with News.com.au, speaking about the film
franchise's relevance in a world where technology is
catching up to the sci-fi films of the past. However,
there seem to be plans in the works.

"The question is - has the franchise run its course or
can it be freshened up?," Cameron says. "So I am in
discussions with David Ellison, who is the current
rights holder globally for the Terminator franchise
and the rights in the US market revert to me under US
copyright law in a year and a half so he and I are
talking about what we can do. Right now we are leaning
toward doing a three-film arc and reinventing it."

Cameron, who will regain the Terminator rights himself
in 2019, previously announced that plans for a new film
was in the works and that Arnold Schwarzenegger would
be involved. There is no word about whether or
Schwarzenegger will be a part of the entire new
Terminator trilogy.

The filmmaker originally sold the rights to the original
film for $1 to producer Gale Anne Hurd, with the
agreement that he would be allowed to direct The
Terminator, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. The first
film earned $78.4 million worldwide and was topped by
Cameron's highly-acclaimed sequel, Terminator 2:
Judgment Day, which grossed $519.8 million worldwide.
Cameron stepped away from the franchise after that film,
though three more were made, with the most recent one,
Terminator Genisys, having earned $440.6 million
globally (though only $89.8 million of that was domestic)
on a $155 million budget.

<http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/873929-james-cameron-wants-to-make-a-new-terminator-trilogy>
Ant
2017-07-26 21:03:50 UTC
But will thje be good?
--
Quote of the Week: "There's an ant crawling up your back in the nighttime." --They Might Be Giants' Ant Song
| |o o| |
( ) ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
Your Name
2017-07-26 21:37:22 UTC
Post by Your Name
Maybe the moron should concentrate on one project at a time, then maybe
he'd actually do something, possibly even finish it ...
James Cameron Wants to Make a New Terminator Trilogy
<snip>
But will thje be good?
Probably not ... nothing in the Terminator franchise is "good". It's
all silly garbage.
Ant
2017-07-28 01:27:33 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by Your Name
Maybe the moron should concentrate on one project at a time, then maybe
he'd actually do something, possibly even finish it ...
James Cameron Wants to Make a New Terminator Trilogy
<snip>
But will thje be good?
Probably not ... nothing in the Terminator franchise is "good". It's
all silly garbage.
Bah! T1 & T2 were rad.
Your Name
Rad-iculous maybe. ;-)